EMPOWERED WOMEN NETWORK
Our Women Empowerment Program (WEP) focuses on raising the status of women through education, raising awareness, literacy, and training. We aim to Equip and Empower women to make the right decisions as they go through different life challenges. The Women Empowerment also supports women in our community who face domestic abuse, discrimination, child-rearing difficulties, and other social limitations. The goal of WEP is to help the women in our community emerge through life challenges successfully while Evolving into bold, confident, secured and thriving women of purpose!
The Empowered Women Network/WEP is strategically positioned to be able to utilize and harness all talents, gifts and resources to build up women in the community. We intend to achieve these goals by pursuing the following objectives:
.Providing a safe and secure environment for women and their children who are leaving abusive relationships or at risk of experiencing violence and otherwise unsafe living conditions. Abuse can be physical, emotional, sexual, financial, psychological, or verbal.
- Encouraging love, humility and respect amongst the sisterhood and ministering to the needs of the women as well as helping them build stronger families through our Empower Women’s Conference.
- Educating women about life issues such as relationships, finances/business, health and parenting e.t.c through our Empowered To Mentor women workshops/seminars.
- Equipping our younger generations to be the best God ordained them by providing mentorship to the younger ladies, teenagers and youths (HEART-TO-HEART group).
- Engaging the women to share the love of God by caring and supporting the women and children in the community that are hurting, women in shelters, homeless women, single mothers e.t.c (AGAPE group).
- Establishing Women’s Support Groups: These groups provide psycho-education and support to women who have experienced various forms of trauma and/or abuse in relationships. Women have the opportunity to network and connect with other women
.EWN may support women with:
- Emotional and practical support
- Walk-in Crisis Support
- Referral Support to other agencies
- Individual or group support in both English
- Pregnancy Outreach
- Parenting Support/Information
- Support in securing safe housing (Transition and BC Housing)
- Support with applying for Financial Assistance (Income Assistance, Rental Assistance and Child Care Subsidy)
- Job Skills & Re-entering the work field.
. Providing child sponsorship to the less privileged.
EWP Blog: http://www.empoweredwomennetwork.com